The Dragons of the Spectrum
The Dragons of the Spectrum (DOTS) Social Skills Program is a group intervention that focuses on improving social and communication skills in children and adolescents.
The DOTS program is the first of it's kind, combining traditional social skills training with an original, engaging tabletop role-playing game.
By participating in the DOTS program, children learn social skills, and then use these social skills on different cooperative, fantastical "adventures".
Group size: 4
Recommended age: 10-13 years
Number of sessions: 10
Duration of sessions: 120 minutes
Social Skills targeted: Self-awareness and social-awareness, Teamwork skills, Asking and responding to questions, Emotional regulation skills, Independent and group problem-solving skills, Social expectations, Assertiveness, Self-Reflection skills.
DOTS Group Information
Across 10 weekly two-hour sessions, group members will:
- Learn to play the DOTS role-playing game
- Create their own fantastical characters
- Learn social skills important for successful adventures
- Go on engaging, highly social adventures utilising these specific social skills
- "Level up", and become more powerful adventurers!